Assisting service members and their families with the transition to the civilian environment is key to success. TU offers a variety of transition support services to assist veterans and their dependents.
- The transition to civilian life can be stressful and confusing for both the service member as well as their family. The Department of Veteran Affairs Readjustment Counseling Service provides immediate counseling services and referrals to veterans and their families. They have agreed to partner with TU’s Veterans’ Center as a satellite location.
- TU recently launched the nation’s first military transition program using football. The team is comprised of veterans and those currently serving in the Guard and Reserves.
- Veterans and military personnel attending Thomas University are encouraged to participate in the Student Veterans of America chapter. This is available to both on-campus and online students.
- The Career Services Center at Thomas University is available to all students and the military community to explore career opportunities, develop resumes and receive assistance with interviewing and job seeking skills.
- Boots to Business peer networking.
- A variety of local and national agency referrals are also available to assist in your transition support.
- Impact events and conferences specific to service members and their families.
Let the Center for Military Life help prepare you for a successful career and life shift.